Thai Style Chicken Satay
Featured Recipe, Sep 13 2011We love the Asian flavours in this one. Great-tasting recipe that's easy to make and fun to eat!
This delightful dish of marinated and skewered meat has an unbeatable universal ability to unleash appetite! Go wild with the marinade and use whatever meat you like. Do accept the compliments because nothing impresses a guest more than homemade satay, haha. *Always serve with peanut sauce, rice cakes, freshly cut cucumbers and onions.
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Ground coriander (1 teaspoon)
- Ground tumeric (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic (1 large clove)
- Soft dark brown sugar (2 to 3 heaped tablespoons)
- Grapeseed oil (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Light soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice (1 tablespoom)
- Fish sauce (1 teaspoon)
- Chicken thigh meat, cut into small cubes (500g)
- Cucumber, to serve (1)
- Spanish onion, to serve (1)
- Bamboo sticks (1 pack or as needed)
Marinate chicken with marinade for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight in the fridge with marinade.
Make sure to soak bamboo sticks in water for 30 minutes before use.
All ready to grill!
If you have a barbie, use it! Otherwise, a grill pan works just fine for me.
Cook satays on greased grill griddle and baste the meat with leftover marinade during cooking. Cook about 3 minutes on each side.
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.